xperia z6 concept

Xperia Z6 Specs and Features

Xperia Z6 is future flagship from Sony and the successor of Xperia Z5. As the Xperia Z5 flagship has been unveiled recently and Sony scheduled to release new smartphone in Xperia Z series every six months, it is not too early to start discussion about the Xperia Z6 flagship. According to six months cycle, Sony may unveil Xperia Z6 in MWC 2016 in March 2016. Otherwise the Japanese tech giant may bring it early in February.
Also Read : Moto G6 Plus Exclusive Features, Release Date, Specs and Price

Sony Xperia Z6 may feature 5.5 inches IPS Triluminos display with 4K Resolution. As Xperia Z5 Premiun features 4K Resolution, obviously Z6 also features 4K Resolution. Corning Gorilla Glass 4 will be used as Display protection for Z6. The Z6 flagship will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Chipset.

Also Read : HTC U12 Features, Specs, Release Date, News and Price list

Some details about Snapdragon 820 has been announced by Qualcomm recently. According to them, Xperia Z6 flagship can process 4K videos at 60fps and 30fps wirelessly. Snapdragon 820 SoC may contain 4 Custom Kryo Cores clocked at 3.0 Ghz. Snapdragon 820 also supports LTE-U band of 4G along with 3G and 2G. So users can get download speeds upto 600MBPS and upload speeds upto 150MBPS. Adreno 530 GPU is also coming with SD 820 which is 40% more efficient than predecessor. As Snapdragon 820 is being built on 14nm Process, there will be no more over heating problem and consumes little battery juice. Xperia Z6 may boast RAM upto 4GB.

Also Read : Moto G6 Plus Exclusive Features, Specs, Release Date and Price list

image

Also Read : Android 8.0 Oreo for Sony Xperia XZ and X Release Date and Features

Sony may use 30 MP Rear with Dual LED flash in Xperia Z6. It may also feature 4K video recording at 60fps with HDR support. Sony may use IMX2xx sensor in Xperia Z6 to reduce noise and increase color quality. Optical Image Optimization and HDR are some features of Rear Camera of Xperia Z6. Sony may improve Autofocus of Xperia Z6 to make better than Xperia Z5. The Japanese tech giant may use 8MP Rear Camera in Xperia Z6 for better selfies and high quality videos.

Also Read : Android Oreo for Sony Xperia XZ and X coming soon

Sony may use Non-removable 4000 mAh Li-Po battery in Xperia Z6 to give better backup and standby time. It also supports Quick Charge 3.0 which charges upto 85% in just 35 mins. It also comes with pre-loaded Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. It also features Fingerprint sensor on rear side like upcoming Google Nexus or in Home button like Galaxy S6. Fingerprint sensor may also present on side Frame like Xperia Z5. Sony Z6 may also feature front facing speakers. Sony will use USB Type-C port in Xperia Z6 for super fast charging and faster data transfer. The future flagship from Sony will be fully waterproof and dustproof also.

Xperia Z6 Release date and Price

According to the usual 6 months schedule, Sony will launch Xperia Z6 flagship in MWC 2016 which takes place in first week of March 2016. So the flagship will be released into the Market by the end of March and in April in some regions. Sony may also go for an early launch of Z6 in February also. So we have to wait a few days to know the launch date of the next flagship accurately. The 32 GB internal memory variant of Xperia Z6 may be available in the range of $700-800.

Update on 21/10/2015 :

image

A Latest report from China, claims that the Snapdragon 820 (MSM8996)from Qualcomm will be about 50% more efficient than Exynos 7420 chipset which powered Galaxy S6. New Snapdragon 820 will show much improvement in single thread over Exynos 7420 according to the report. This is good for users as most apps for Android run only single thread. It is allegedly confirmed that New Chipset will be built on 14nm process which more performance. It also support 4K video playback at 60fps without any log. Dual Image Signal processors improve Image quality. Snapdragon 820 also supports LTE-U networks which will be available for commercial use in 2016. So Xperia Z6 and Xperia Z6 compact flagships will be more faster and also can record Images and Videos with much clarity than present Xperia Z5 flagship. Xperia Z6 also support Cat.10 LTE download speeds according to latest report. More details about Snapdragon 820 will be revealed soon.

Update on 14/11/2015 :

qualcomm snapdragon 820 features

On November 10th, Qualcomm officially unveiled the Snapdragon 820 Chipset. As we already written above, Snapdragon 820 SoC is going to power almost all major flagships of 2016 including Sony Xperia Z6. Earlier some features of Snapdragon 820 revealed by some reports and now Qualcomm officially confirmed them. Snapdragon 820 chipset contains Four Custom Kryo cores which are the successors of Krait cores. These Kryo cores are based on ARMV8 and built on Second Generation 14nm FinFET LPP process. So these cores are more power efficient than Exynos 7420 chipset by Samsung. These four Kryo cores look much similar but they are arranged in dual core setup in the chipset. One cluster of Dual Kryo cores is clocked at 2.2 Ghz and another cluster of Dual Kryo Cores are clocked in between 1.6-1.7 Ghz for low power operations. Snapdragon 820 Chipset also supports DDR4 Ram to decreae power consumption and increase performance.

Snapdragon 820 Chipset supports Camera upto 28MP and also support 4K recording, playback and uploading. So Sony may upgrade megapixels of Rear Camera of Xperia Z6 flagship. Xperia Z6 smartphone which is going to be powered by Snapdragon 820 supports Quick Charge 3.0. Quick Charge 3.0 allows Xperia Z6 flagship to charge upto 80% in just 35mins. So in about one hour Xperia Z6 will be fully charged. Snapdragon 820 also has support for both 802.11ad and 802.11ac 2×2 MU-MIMO which gives Wi-Fi connectivity 2-3 times faster than standard 802.11ac without MU-MIMO. X12 LTE modem in Snapdragon 820 supports LTE-U spectum of 4G. This LTE-U of 4G supports download speeds upto 600MBPS and allows upload speeds upto 150MBPS. More details abouth Xperia Z6 which is going to be powered by Snapdragon 820 will be revealed soon.

Update on 29/11/2015 :

An article on Christiantoday is claiming that Sony may not release the next major flagship in Xperia Z series until late 2016. According to the above article, Sony is in plans to launch a rumoured Xperia Z5 Ultra flagship with massive 6.44 inch Display in MWC 2016 which is going to takes place in February 2016. Xperia Z5 Ultra flagship is also coming with Snapdragon 820 chipset according to some rumours. So Sony Xperia Z6 might be an upgrade to Xperia Z5 Ultra flagship. So it seems that Xperia Z6 may also feature a larger increase Display size compared to its Xperia Z5. But as these are rumours only, we should take them with a pinch of salt. More confirmed details about Xperia Z6 launch date and Display size will be revealed in coming months.

Update on 8/12/2015 :

Antutu’s Weibo page allegedly revealed the names of flagships coming under Xperia Z6 and also revealed the screen sizes of next flagships from Sony. According to above post, Xperia Z6 is coming with 5.2 inch Display and Xperia Z6 Mini with 4 inch Display. Xperia Z6 Compact and Z6 Plus may sport 4.6 inch and 5.8 inch Displays respectively. The Xperia Z6 Ultra flagship may sport 6.4 inch Display according to the above post. The Antutu’s page also confirmed that except Z6 Mini, all Xperia Z6 will be powered by Snapdragon 820 chipset. The Xperia Z6 Mini might be powered by Snapdragon 620 SoC.

Xperia z6 dimensions

Sony already has sent invitations for the press conference which is going to takes place in CES 2016. The Sony’s Conference will take place on 5th January at 5 pm PST. So we have to wait only a few weeks to see whether Sony unveils the Xperia Z6 lineup in CES 2016 or not.

We will update this article with more latest information shortly.

By | 2017-11-23T16:10:35+00:00 December 8th, 2015|Sony News, Uncategorized|14 Comments

14 Comments

1. Mikes September 21, 2015 at 11:59 am - Reply

I want xperia 6 +

2. phanie October 8, 2015 at 9:04 pm - Reply

I want xperia 6

3. Amistrated October 15, 2015 at 9:55 am - Reply

Z5 alınmaz ama bu 1000$rıda hakediyor nisana ne kaldı.

4. Art November 1, 2015 at 3:12 pm - Reply

I hope SONY releases the Z5 and Z6 in the USA. If they do not, SONY may as well fold up and go home. Every manufacturer needs the US market, whether you are trying to sell cars, toasters, or smartphones. SONY would be foolish and very short-sighted if they don’t release these phones into the US marketplace.

The Z5 is another disappointment. SONY just refuses to produce the smartphone we want. They just keep making the same thing over and over and over again and call it “all new”. They cannot seem to get all their eggs in the right basket. There is always something missing, or lacking in quality or specs.

The Z6 is really the make-or-break phone for SONY. It had better be spectacular, have the world’s best camera and the best SoC. It had better be available worldwide, including the USA, be priced to sell (SONY phones are far too expensive to be competitive), advertised everywhere (including on TV), and be back-up by world-class customer service. SONY’s customer support sucks the big one!

And why did SONY close all their mall stores in the USA? Where are we supposed to go to see, touch, and tryout their products? That was a very stupid move. Where do we go for customer support if there is a problem after purchase? SONY acts as if ignorance is a virtue. Come on SONY! How can you compete with Apple if you don’t even have a retail store where your customers can go to buy your products? what are you thinking?

• RockStar2005 November 9, 2015 at 9:11 pm - Reply

Art,

I agree with pretty much everything you said! Sony needs to take the U.S. more seriously. They ARE currently running TV ads again here for the new stand-alone camera and the Z5 Bond Edition (see ad here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_UqgxQv10). My current phone is the Z3 btw.

I wouldn’t say their phones are lacking or the Z5 is a disappointment at all, but I do wish they had put the 4K screen on the Z5 too, not just the Z5 Premium. And also the chrome/mirror finish on the Z5 too. I don’t like that to have the best Z series phone I have to get a 5.5″ phablet. Blahh!! Makes me want to reconsider the HTC One phones again. My M8 was a great phone, though the camera was pretty good but not great, though as time went on they got better like the M9’s camera. The next One phone and the Z6 are supposed to have the 820 chip, which I really want because it means I can upgrade to Quick Charge 3.0, which only the 820 can handle.

Yeah I don’t like that they closed their stores here too. Used to have one in the giant mall only 5-10 min away from me, but now it’s gone. Microsoft, Apple…….etc…….they all got their own stores, and they’re nice stores too. Sony needs to make its presence known here for EVERYTHING they do, not just Playstation and camera sensors. We’ll have to see how things go in early 2016 when the Z6 is released (and the One X9: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/htc-one-x9-news/). I really hope they do away with the Premium phablet phones and make the 5.2″ phones the main flagship again, but keep the 4K screen and chrome/mirror finish. :-D! lol

• Jessica December 9, 2015 at 2:27 pm - Reply

Art, what are YOU thinking?

You said “SONY would be foolish and very short-sighted if they don’t release these phones into the US marketplace.” Not all companies need the help of US markets to be ‘in the competition’ and sell their products. There are plenty of people who are enjoying Sony Xperia such as ‘Rakesh’. Also, I definitely believe that there must be a reason why they are not able or can’t release in USA. Unless you know 100% about all the details of why they can’t release it in US, please don’t talk in that manner.

Also, what are you possibly thinking saying that it’s not NEW? If you haven’t bought all the Sony Xperia Series and tested, experimented and compared them with the other Sony Xperia design like me, please don’t say anything. Additionally, you said “The Z5 is another disappointment. SONY just refuses to produce the smartphone we want.” Can you please think before you talk or post something online? Pretend you are the CEO of the Sony company, will YOU be able to meet all the needs of customers? My answer is 100% no.

Lastly, the Sony Xperia series is expensive because they provide us with the highest of qualities. There’s always a reason for something being so expensive and valuable.

Can you please think before you speak? As a extreme Sony Xperia fan, I really got offended by your thoughtless comment. Even though you might call it a complaint or feedback there is like 100000 more ways to write your comment more nicely.At least try to write politely like ‘RockStar2005’. Geesh.

• RockStar2005 December 10, 2015 at 4:28 am - Reply

Jessica,

I think it’s more that the other competitors out there are not making the phones we want. lol Apple & Samsung? Hey those physical home buttons look great…….. if this was 2007! lol And putting a single speaker ON THE BACK of a phone? WTF guys? Makes me wanna watch YouTube videos on my DESKTOP vs. my phone! lol And one tech expert I talked to told me the Z3 (my current phone) has the best audio quality out of all the major phones (as of about a year ago anyway…… but I doubt that’s changed with the Z5). And he’d tested ALL the big phones too with exception to the iPhone. He said the LG ones were the worst by far, and that both HTC & Samsung were really good.

You also factor in the water/dustproofing, a TOP-RATED camera and same for battery life (Stamina Mode!!), a really great STOCK music player (I use Poweramp, but Walkman/Music is DAMN close), etc., and it’s a wonder why Sony isn’t more popular. Samsung advertises heavily. Apple really doesn’t have to except for its iPads b/c they were the FIRST to really popularize smartphones here, and so they really built their following fast & strong early on. Their phones look nice and are easy to use, but Apple phones lack the functionality and freedom that Android does. Some ppl I know or I’ve read reviews from them own an iPhone and have said that if they were ever to switch to Android it would be to get a Sony phone, or at least have said Sony is the closest to that “premium experience” people feel when they use an iPhone. I think that says a lot about Sony’s potential for a “takeover” in the U.S. when you consider Apple’s huge popularity. Sony Xperia phones as you said are not cheap either (like iPhones), but they offer so much more and are still less on average than iPhones cost.

I’m still waiting for Sony to hire George Clooney and I dunno maybe Bradley Cooper etc (just someone VERY popular) and do ads here in the states. Maybe with a couple of actors? J-Law?! Why not?! And she already works for Sony anyway, so that makes even more sense when you consider that. I think Clooney would be great cuz like Sony Xperia phones he’s classy and like the biggest and best actor out there right now. lol Sony needs to get all 4 U.S. carriers on board, stop these super annoying U.S. release delays (my Z3 LUCKILY came out on time basically), and advertise more here. YouTube ads are NOT enough! lol I know someone in Sweden and she told me there Sony is JUST as big, if not bigger, than Samsung. Sounds like a country I wanna live in! lol (Big shocker: THEY ADVERTISE IN SWEDEN (and most of Europe I think)! lol

P.S. Thank you for the kind words! 🙂

5. rakesh November 4, 2015 at 3:30 pm - Reply

wow.. Z6 will have iris scanner and wireless charging.. i am loveing it.

6. Max November 18, 2015 at 7:42 am - Reply

If Sony program managers are reading this, I would like to put in a vote to have the headphone jack at the bottom please and thank you.

7. Ernest December 4, 2015 at 6:18 pm - Reply

Amazing how much faster computer speed is getting. Cant imagine wat it be like in five years..

8. MobiusONE December 14, 2015 at 4:52 am - Reply

I would buy an z6 ultra with all these specs in a heartbeat.

9. BelllaW December 19, 2015 at 9:42 pm - Reply

Kto chce zarobic nie wychodzac z domu parenascie $$$ dziennie? Sposob jest prosty i dziala, poszukajcie sobie w google: jak kosić kasę na Adfly

10. Sash February 3, 2016 at 9:30 am - Reply

I don’t know why all of you talk like you own the sony’s company.
    I just see the advantages that I have with xperia phone’s. One of the best video I recorded was in underwater in the pool and sea when I’ve traveled to dobai and actually it is my best memory of all the time and when I show it to any of my friends, they just regretted it that why they didn’t buy a xperia.it is exactly like a movie with professional quality even to a 80 inch tv.I don’t have to talk about the battery life cuz all you know it is great.on that time I had a z1 compact,normally I had to charge it every 3 or 4 days sometimes 7 days.while my friend who had a iPhone 5c had to charge it twice a day and every time I saw him his phone was dying.
    Moreover it has some camera app that works really great and fun.
    That’s 3 reasons are enough for me to buy a new xperia which I bought z3 compact.I had bought a z5 but it wasn’t good enough for 640 $ so I refunded it.
    Thats all